Dec 30, 2006

Stop....Rewind....Fast forward

So another year ends...I have effectively lived 6490.5 days till now. Another span of 365 days coming up. I have always wondered why this calendar had 365 days in a year. Now I guess I know. This is a period neither too short nor too long to look back on.

For me, this year has a lot of firsts to its credit.

First time:

  1. I went to the gym
  2. I stepped into college
  3. I Started blogging
  4. I started appreciating rock music
  5. A reporter took photo of me[ :P ]
  6. I felt really terrible and extremely pleased after the same F1 race.
  7. etc..etc

Too much happened in one year for my liking. Too many greats retired. The world saw a great revolution. Saddam's throat is at the guillotine, the very minute I type this. What has lead to all this? Year after year, people take resolutions, only to break them. People have cultivated this die-hard habit of breaking the resolutions they make. For the record I'm not a believer of making resolutions only after a new year dawns or whatever.

This year, 2006, has had a mixture of everything. I've had my share of happiness, guilt, misery, awe, and every other emotion I could imagine. The tuitions at the beginning, the exams made my life hectic. But we cruised through that unscathed. That was one big obstacle because nowadays, sad it may seem, academia is being associated more with verbatim knowledge rather than understanding the conceptual matter and having the sense to relate it to day to day occurrences. This year, also happens to be the last year the entrance exams were conducted.

When I look back on this mammoth rollercoaster of a year, I must say it has been a ride to remember. School gave way to college. First there was a nagging sorrow, but then college was not all that bad. You can't have everything can you?? This year was kind of like the "parting of ways". People went on different routes, pursuing different paths enroute to achieving their destiny. However, this year I got acquainted with a lot of people who have effectively brought a new dimension to my life. I would also be pleased if there is one person whose life I have influenced in some microscopic positive way atleast!

Approximately 32 hours from now, millions will wake to the first dawn of 2007, face the first rays of the sun hit this Earth as 2007 dawns. Change is permanent. Every year holds something new, something fascinating. Whatever is in store for me, I'll be glad to embrace with arms wide open. After all, what's so intriguing about the future, if it isn't shrouded in mystery?

Cheers to 2006!!Happy new year folks. This is most probably my second last post for 2006. Ciao folks!

6 comments :

Anonymous said...

hehe penultimate post eh...actually even i was thinkin of postin one more eeny meeny tiny post :P to make it 9 posts for december lol ... happy new year football head :P make sure ur head stays spherical heh

Unknown said...

A reporter took photo of me[ :P ]-dinamalar reporter???[:D]reveal that story in ur blog...[:P]..let others know...

Anonymous said...

and yea .. good that u finally appreciate rock :P the rock gods will bless u :D

Nithya said...

"I have effectively lived 6490.5 days till now."

:O idhellam calculate panniya..As Meera sez reveal that reporter story in ur blog :P especially that caption :D

Ryan said...

@ nithya....i did not calculate...google search did it for me..
@shrey
The sphere will remain!!

@meera and nithya..
maybe that would be my first post of 2007..
"2006 bloopers"

Dolphin said...

wishing u a more exciting yr, 2007 :)
girls are curious abt reporter story...plz sollu :D let it be todays post