Aug 13, 2007

Surreal days

I enqueued some music in win-amp on my computer, and I realized it has been 8 days since I did that last time.


I also realized that I had not visited any blog page for the last two days. That is a record in my standards.

Ever since July second half started, I always found myself playing Hide and seek with time and I somehow I always ended up being the catcher. I was never a good catcher even back when I was little. First the conference came. Next the internals came. Immediately ELS came. But with all of 'em came parts of life I've never experienced before.

Conference - MCed first time in my life.(Formally, that is.)
Internals - Guess what??
ELS- Now that's a big story.

I've never been this busy in my entire life. We had to prepare for an Independence day program which we were informed of only 5 days before independence day. We had to campaign for Let's Talk which starts in a week. We had helluva lot of records to write and the work just increases exponentially only when you least want it to come.

But once you finish them, that felling, THAT feeling is SOMETHING. A happiness. A responsibility given to you and you have taken care of it excellently, be it small, be it big.
I feel as though I'm a part of somebody's life, with all the same people but time moves fast only for you. Niveditha (One of my best friends) said,"You know sharan, I haven't been close to this busy in my life. I feel so happy that I'm trusted with work!" (The reason people detest ELS is obscure as of now. Some generally hate guys and girls beings together, being friends, doing work and having fun. To them, it is just consorting with the devil. I'll gladly go on a hunt for the ugliest looking rat in this world, catch it and shove its bare ass up the noses of people who hate the ELS for that.

Today I bunked morning first hour just because I was blissfully late by 15 minutes. I was not in the mood to explain. Went straight to the IM canteen, had coffee under the trees. Got 8 alpenliebes because he did not have 4 rs change. Sent a message to people asking them to inform when first hour gets over. It was the first time was completely prepared or a lab class. The smoothest lab class ever. Then I ate to my satisfaction after two days following a serious case of stomach unease. Had a great evening. I listened to my favorite songs for one and a half hours. It all came flooding back. I stepped through a trapdoor and back to my life, the tempo slowed down. Sanity came back. I visited blogs and commented on excellent pieces of writing I had missed. I went home early after 2 weeks. I sat down to blog. The blood flowed through my fingers.

Felt angry about certain narrow minded people.
Felt happy for the life I have and the people who star in it.
Felt like a warm cup of coffee with a coat of cream which has just been sipped by the prettiest caffeine junkie on this planet.
Felt like me again.

I am the all singing all dancing crap of this world...

8 comments :

Anonymous said...

When you don't do anything (read records) and you go to college, that is also a feeling but of a different kind :P honestly dude u got me writing my records now :P I am inspired :P nah im lying :P im gonna sleep now hehe.

And two songs to rule them all :P Change of seasons and stairway to heaven :bows:

surya said...

u do really have a complex schedule da...everything should be a part in life da...

Nithya said...

"I'll gladly go on a hunt for the ugliest looking rat in this world, catch it and shove its bare ass up the noses of people who hate the ELS for that."

My classmates are eagerly waiting for u ;)

And don't talk abt being busy :( Am already feeling so bad...Am not able to spend time with my family only :(

Anonymous said...

cute post! :-)

Hariharasudhan Viswanathan said...

Hi da,

Good to know that u r in ELS now...hows the club doing? Convey my wishes to Paul and all the seniors (Vishnu, Natarajan, Ramya, etc...) in the club for a wonderful year ahead...good luck

Sathya said...

Ryan.A.Nash....I am absolutely amazed!!Awesome blogs!!! I jus keep wondering how good its is!!! Spectacular da!!! Seriously...And the next post i guess is gonna be yur 100th...Is that right??

Dinesh Krishnaswamy said...

nice post.I know how it feels:)

Venki said...

come to our world.. u wil knw d real meanin of busy.. sorry mate.. was too busy offlate wit lots a stuff.. u hav made many posts since then..