May 28, 2008

Sunshine. Daisies. Butter mellow

Books, music, House, Food, a Chennai Victory, a good workout and some work done. Isn't it the perfect combination? (This is a rhetorical question just in case any one wants to say no :P)

I've had quite a tough time managing time between all these activities. Seriously. I should get an award for this.

I wake up from 6:30 to 7:00. That itself is quite a workout :P. Then I hit the gym from 7 to 8. Overa onnum nenachikka venaam. Know how an old machine needs oiling? Adhe dhaan.

F.R.I.E.N.D.S episode for the nth time, be it whichever episode, on Zee cafe with food in my hand from 8 : 30 to 9:00 AM. See Multitasking helps.

Then bus ride to college. I get a seat, and take a book and read. Catch-22 and Three mistakes of my life. Former is simply magnificent. Latter is quite good too. Please read catch-22.

Then it is time for work. Sign in time 10:00 AM. Sign out time 7:00 PM. Two hours wasted here and there in the middle in the name of Lunch, Coffee breaks, Vada breaks etc. Working on something you don't know anything about and solving the problem it causes is really fulfilling. You get to learn a lot and also it is quite an experience working at a research centre. The computer I use needs to be rebooted minimum 15 times a day, thanks to the numerous seg-faults. It helps to have someone like Vibhu with you, with his crazy art-pieces on the scrapbooks and mutual leg-pullings.

I reach home invariably around 8. Then it is IPL time if I'm in the mood. Otherwise Music+Food, a mini-combo. I'm exploring the genres that I haven't heard yet. Melodic death metal next. 8)
Recent favs -->Black hole sun and Blow up the outside world(Soundgarden), How to save a life (The fray), Zero 7 - In the waiting line, Slither ( Velvet Revolver).

The day invariably ends with the second half of a match on TV. Somehow I started the tournament rooting for Chennai Rajasthan and Mumbai. But somehow I did not feel like cheering for Rajasthan after 7 games. They don't look as appealing as Mumbai and Chennai. Of course Rajasthan has a lot of team spirit and all, but you look at the team, you see Ntini poking Parthiv Patel int he ear, Murli with his ever-present smile, Albie Morkel just being himself, Dhoni's Thondi-edukkara shot, Goni, all big and burly, Sanath, so thrilled to finally play alongside Sachin, Sachin diving and an uncharacteristic Pump up after having completed the catch, Pollock ( who will not like him) , you don't care even if they lose once a while when they're so much fun to watch. But it did ache to see Mumbai go down. Three last ball losses.

And then I give in to sleep.

And oh I almost forgot. House fits in right in the Music/IPL slot at 8:00 clock when I don't watch the match. House is cold. House is rude. House is sarcastic. House is a genius. House is a T.V show btw. :P

Bleddy awesome. First time in my life have holidays been so NOT boring even for a bit.

7 comments :

Unknown said...

and now i accept u r busy...even today me,rams and vk were talking abt u..timely blog abt ur schedule.. [:)]

Nithya said...

"Please read catch-22"

RETURN THE BOOK :| ROFL at the title of your post :P

Aravind said...

Dhoni's Thondi-edukkara shot!
Nice name :D
Mumbai should have come for the semis :(

Hari said...

envy u

Mary said...

Dhoni's Thondi-edukkara shot ???

Sanu said...

Thats real long working hours during holidays.. He is really LUCKY to have a person like u der in the office!!!

Anonymous said...

you have too much free time.. I have to talk to your professors..