May 3, 2008

Tag : Movie quirks!

To begin, a quirk is defined as an odd habit. So this will be the movie quirks tag without the quirky part. Movie habits..There you go!! (Quirks sounded a lot better..hmm)

Any movie with Tom Hanks or Jim Carrey is fine with me. Tom hanks especially.
eg. Terminal, Cast away, Green mile, Liar liar, The mask etc

The movies of the comedy/drama genre appeal as well.
eg. Scent of a woman, Wag the dog, Office space etc

I'm not a first day first show type. I'm definitely not the no-theatre type as well.

I have no preferences with respect to actresses when it comes to english movies. Most of them are pretty and act pretty well too. A few exceptions though. I hate Kirsten dunst, Kate winslet and Uma thurman. Don't ask why.

I hate twists in movies which are kept just for the sake of "See I can shoot suspense thrillers as well". All this hostel, house of wax crap.

I love movies which are offbeat. The ones which make you think. The ones with oh-so-awesome dialogues and character portrayals, and that beautifully chosen background score. Even the story would be disturbing or weird the movie I'll love. eg. He was a quiet man, One flew over the cuckoo's nest, Saw etc.

Anbe Sivam, Dil chahta hai, Rang de basanthi, Taare Zameen Par, Nayakan, Shawshank redemption,Usual suspects, Fight club, Primal fear, Identity, Se7en. Lucky number slevin and a few others.

I don't know where I stand in the books made into movies category. Some are absolutely beautiful while others simply throw dirt on the books. For example take Lord of the rings- Brilliant.
Harry potter - I don't think anybody could have done it worse.
Some books you cannot make into movies. Trying just makes it lose its charm. Eg. Hannibal rising.

No teen/adult comedies which are nothing but filth and think nudity is the best form of comedy.

Teen/adult comedies with comedy that makes you laugh with minimal or no nudity-->Ok with me. They make an excellent pastime. Eg. Eurotrip, Dukes of hazzard, etc

Animation movies rule. Except a few of 'em which did not appeal to me but sure did to the others.

Movies like Snatch, Lock stock and two smoking barrels, Reservoir dogs. Watch 'em to understand what I mean.

Mushy stuff, Hmm....There are different ways to portray mush. One is the classic way, the shakespearean way. Which is absolute horse shit. The other way is one that I don't know how to describe. So I'll call it the "Holiday" way or "50 first dates" or "Hitch" way.

Coming to tamil.

Again offbeat movies preferred anyday to the thadaal budaal dandanakka ones. I hate the kuthu paattu visuals. I hate songs for the sake of them being there. I hate plagiarised songs.

Almost all of the vijaykanth movies need not be seen fully. Wait till the most brilliant-est moves of the captain come on youtube and a thoughtful friend sends you the link. Try watching the songs in which he dances ( or so he calls it) after muting the Audio. Hilarious.

Vijay movies. Doesn't he get the deja vu feeling when he acts in the movies? How thick can one be?

I don't have any particular quirks for mani ratnam/k.s ravi kumar/A.R.Rahman. Bad movie shot by mani ratnam is also a bad movie.

I believe even though tamil films don't bare it all as the english ones, they are dirtier than the english movies. Even though there is nudity in the english movies it is not shown in a dirty or disgusting way. If not all atleast the ones I've seen are decent and are passionate and no one's dancing all over the park.

As far as hindi movies are concerned I watch the ones which my friends suggest or the ones which I have company for. Hindi love stories strict, no-no.

So you see I watch many different kinds of movies. I wouldn't put it past myself if I see Holiday immediately after watching Saw. And I don't mind if I see the movies I love with friends in a theatre or in front of the PC at home. At the theatre I have company to discuss movies with. At home I can reason with myself. Which is the best kind!

Last watch : Santosh subramaniam ( OK. Over dialogue towards the end. They could have stopped the movie with him telling anu haasan about the deal with her dad)

Scent of a woman (Brilliant. Makes you smile.)

One flew over the cuckoo's nest ( Super. Many scenes worth watching in the movie. Ironic ending however.)

Reservoir dogs (Nothing short of what you can expect from Quentin. Fast, smooth and unexpected end.)

And I dont' watch a movie just because it won an oscar. :)

P.s : Yakkow I finally did it!!

9 comments :

Priya Iyer said...

loose boy, you finally did it. :D nicely written...

Nithya said...

How did you get to see the baaki part of DCH ? And am sooooooooo glad to know you liked the movie :):):)

Aravind said...

I'm not a first day first show type. I'm definitely not the no-theatre type as well. egjaactly!

i hate teen comedy (except cheats),
hostel crap too.

santhosh subramniam = colour xerox of bommirilu (thats what i heard. havent watched both though!)

Try watching rashomon da! superb movie

Unknown said...

superb one..made me ROFL after a very long time.. :)) nice tag!

amshuman.r said...

thing about oscars... just try out no country for old men.. completely worth it da..

Anonymous said...

Collection of Actor Ajith Movie Videos , Songs, Latest Movie News, Wallpapers,Gallery at www.actorajithmovies.com

Unknown said...

Actor Vijay Kuruvi HQ Download Songs

Unknown said...

Actor Vijay Kuruvi HQ Download Songs

Unknown said...

wat about classics?
Its a wonderful life, The fountainhead.
Amazing movies