Jul 2, 2008

I'm it.

I shalt now take up the responsibility of taking up the tags bestowed upon me by two people. They art : Iyer and Iyer maami. (Copyrighted even. Only me and shrey use this name.)

The wishing tag :


1) One religious work from a non-familiar tradition you’ll read…

Something on Cao Dai most probably.

2) One song that you like–from your ‘least likely to listen to’ genre…

Least likely to listen to genre : Opera

Song : All of them go "AAAAAAaaaAAA".

3) A book from a genre you almost never read, that you have read, or you will read (promise!):

Philosophy. I should have read "Like a flowing river". Given that I bought it a year back.

4) Somewhere you’d never thought to go on holiday/vacation, and why it might be fun to go there?

Hawaii. Need I say why?

5) A specific food you’ve never tried, but will because of this meme, honest!

Pineapple upside down cake.

6) A sport or game you really hate, or haven’t tried yet, but are willing to give one more go:

There's no sport I hate. But lots I haven't tried. Golf or sumo it is.

7) A style of dance you probably won’t try (we won’t make you promise on this one):

The conga. (Dum dum dum dum dum hey!)

8 ) A career job you don’t feel you’re suited for, and why:

Stunt double : The spirit is willing but the body is not.

9) What is it that you will dare to wear which you have never worn before?

Pattaapatti. (striped undroyer for the less knowledgible folks :P)

10) If there’s one thing in life you wanted to do, and will do because of this meme, what will it be?

I resolve to write a 100 page story on "My pet cat". It was a challenge posed by a friend of mine --> Hari Babu

Now for the second one.

3 JOYS:

A perfectly well-timed witty/sarcastic/funny/ mokkai remark by me.

An excellent movie or a wonderful song or a great book.

A job well done.

3 FEARS:

Fear of waking up one day and finding out that my sarcasm bone is missing. Worst fear that is.

Fear of heights.(a little)

Fear of getting stuck with people like my teachers for the rest of my life. They suck the 'interesting' out of interesting stuff even.

3 GOALS:

To write my autobiography before I'm 60.

To have a pet dog.

To climb Mt.Everest.

3 RANDOM SURPRISING FACTS:

My left leg is longer than my right.

You make eyes at a girl and you'll find that she becomes curious and starts looking at you. Works like a charm. :)

Scribbling is an excellent way of easing your pent up frustration.

3 CURRENT OBSESSIONS/COLLECTIONS:

Garfield.

Origami.

Java.

(quite a weird combo eh?)

That's it. I'm the done. Next on my list, the long pending travelogue. Patience is a virtue, I've heard. :P

Tiddy Boom!


8 comments :

Nithya said...

"Philosophy. I should have read "Like a flowing river". "

This book isnt all about philosophy. Reflection is what the book is all about

"Pineapple upside down cake."

The one in donuts ? If yes, it tastes yummmmmmmmmmy :D

"Stunt double : The spirit is willing but the body is not."

ROFL =))

"Pattaapatti"

=)) =)) =)) =)) =))

"My left leg is longer than my right."

It is ???? :O

"You make eyes at a girl and you'll find that she becomes curious and starts looking at you. Works like a charm. :)"

:D The Sharan stamp :P

"Tiddy Boom"

great word :) Sounds nice !

Ryan said...

people reflect -->philosophy is born. :|

Pineapple upside down cake which i bake. No donuts schlonuts.

And yes all left legs are longer than the right ones.

Sharan stamp?? :O . not you too!

yes awesome sound no? Garfield's end of strip sarcastic drum-roll sound when jon makes a stupid remark.

Vijay G S said...

How i missed opera?

Priya Iyer said...

i agree with niths on like the flowing river not being philosophy. it is a beautiful book. it really opens windows in the mind to new insights through things and experiences in life we take for granted in routine. compared to his other books, it is not at all philo. do go ahead and read it. u will not regret it. :)

pineapple upside down cake?? whats that? never heard of it, but sounds damn interesting. u tickled my taste buds. now i hav to go eat pineapple cake. damn. :)

no comment on the pattapatti one. :))

rofl at 'iyer maami'. guess the origin of this copyrighted name is in the inane isis's famous post?

Ryan said...

@vijayGanesh
YOu really missed Opera? :O

@Iyer:
Upside down cake you must have heard..Enid Blyton's got them.
And what famous Isis quote?

Anonymous said...

Philosophy, ah something I never read too! I think I tried reading 'Zen and the art of motorcycle riding' once, or was it 'the monk who sold his ferrari'? Whatever, i do remember I could get past 5 pages!
Also Enid Blyton goodies! Man, I think I read all those famous fives and malory towers over and over again just because of the descriptions of all the 'scrumptious' meals! Sigh!

Anonymous said...

Argh! I meant 'couldn't get past', typo!

Ryan said...

@ D.I

Hi5...yea A friend of mine said the same thing too...Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance...S'posed to be a bestseller!!He too stopped after the first few pages. He, though, gave up after 5 tries!!

Blyton food was haven when i was a kid. Have you read "Hidey hole"?? They collect berries. Semma story.