Nov 19, 2008

Grey room.

Today I experienced the perfect drizzle for a walk. So I walked. Up the street to the shop opposite to the temple and back again. As slow as possible, with shadow singing in my ear. All the while, smiling like an idiot, gladly accepting the looks varying from "are-you-stupid" to "Sigh! teenagers." and some other looks which could have meant anything. 

Ching's hot garlic noodles was another first for today. I ended up adding twice the amount of water required, and whaddyaknow, I got noodle soup, which was divine. All my fears due to the "Garlic" flavor evaporated instantly. The added advantage because of the extra water was it was all the more filling as well. Would probably go well with dosa. He'll try it. 

All you people with exams out there, sorry if this is frustrating. Yes, I have actually considered being nice to you for a change, so take it. :)  Poonai kum oru kaalam varum. 

A place by the water. Sunlight streaming through, beating the leaves at their very own version of dodgeball. A concrete table surrounded by benches. Silence. Solitude, not loneliness. Every shade of green and blue imaginable. Give me one day of that and I'll write the exams again even.

@title : Yes, I saw it again. And a couple other episodes too ( Informed consent and lines in the sand fyi). Gregory house is beyond doubt one of the best characters ever. 

An extract from "Frozen".

CATE: So, how long do I let the lymph node marinate in the red wine? 
WILSON: It should be ready now. [Cate look in the microscope. Wilson has a spilt screen and is looking at the same thing.] Try increasing the magnification on the camera. [Cate does so.] 
CATE: You know, I e-mailed a couple colleagues at the hospital about you. 
WILSON: You're checking up on me, not House? 
CATE: Yeah, well House is straightforward, brilliant, and an ass. 
WILSON: Two out of three good qualities, clear majority. 
CATE: Whereas you, on the other hand, have a perfect score. You are responsible, nice, human, and yet you're House's best friend. 
WILSON: Hold there. [Cate stops adjusting.] Makes you think he's secretly nicer than he seems? 
CATE: Makes me think that you're secretly a lot less nice than you seem. 
WILSON: Do you always insult your doctors? 
CATE: It's not an insult. Indiscriminate niceness is overrated. 
WILSON: [Smiles.] No wonder he likes you. 


P.S : I spent exactly 1984 rupees today towards bills, fuel etc. George Orwell would be proud.

8 comments :

Tina Nandi said...

Ching's Hot Garlic Noodles sounds very good. I should try it! :)

Nithya said...

:D I am eeeeing for a different reason :P

Nacha said...

"Sunlight streaming through, beating the leaves at their very own version of dodgeball."
*Sighs wistfully*

Anonymous said...

Hell, NO exams again! :-/ And you've never had a day of perfect weather, green and blue?! Aw.

House owns. Period.

Ryan said...

@suraksha
I've had great days, but I don't know what the perfect day is.

Sharanya said...

High time you did :)

Ps: You have a post called Grey Room TOO!

Anonymous said...

THE perfect day? Premise check. Perfect, in spite of being a superlative, has degrees. Otherwise, each perfect day would be the same and that's hella boring. :-/

Ryan said...

@suraksha
degrees of perfection yea, if it is less perfect, we call it good :P and so on.

I'm hinting at that perfect weather which comes in house s03e12. that location too.

@sharanya

Heh, And yea you kept that because of the song I gave you.