Jan 28, 2009

Doesn't remind you of anything.

This is not going to be a blow by blow account of Saarang '09. This is not going to be a travelgoue sorts post too, wherein I tell you everything with a linear narrative. This is not going to be one of those posts wherein I describe whatever I saw, or heard, but rather what it did to me. In short sentences which are no way connected to each other. Each one, as unique as the other(Whatte statement!), coming together to give me Saarang '09.

*The train to Madras with all of them, the stupid assface Camera guy, the orange sky, Singing aloud, and lipreading. Staying awake talking all kinds of stuff and looking at a bedsheet with cows all over it.

*Kicking waves at the beach, getting wet to the point that no one will notice if you pee in your pants. (Disgusting? Then don't read)

*Pusky's case of mistaken identity.

*Vini. The before, the during and the after. How I found out she can't squirt water out her mouth the way I do. The tender coconut experience, the bundle of joy that is Vini. The wolfhowl signalling departure, the song and the jig. I'll be a better host next time, V.

*Scrabbling with Suraksha. I realised six hours of scrabble can't make me get tired of it. It is untruest if I say the weather was bearable that night. Frigging cold.

*The junior gang. An assorted set of crazy fellows. Vidyuth, Rohit, Adit, Kalpesh, Tariq and 2D Fun to be with! Be it the 1 o clock Jughead special or the Kuruk Open Quiz OR the 200 bucks they swindled!
(One of them whose name begins with a V, actually asked to have names mentioned :P)
*All the quizzes, with the slightest exception of the lone wolf. I'll expect to go on stage for SPENT next year.

*Dance workshops. The ones we missed. The partner hunts with Saurav :)

*The IIT girls who dress  up for every other thing. Eaglebutt and Miniskirt and Bandanna girl. 

*The IIT girls who became boring after a day and a half.

*Nacha's birthday. The slow-mo run and the group hug. Nacha's elated expression. Photos! Feeding chocolate cake to the stag.

*Nithya Sivashankar's comedy of errors. (Anyone who asks details will get the Vada-bonda conundrum which also you won't get details about. )

*Sleepwalking. Scary shit. One minute I'm walking to the hostel and the other I'm holding the watchman's register in my hand.

*Sleeping with the left shoe on and the door open with the phone ringing loud.

*Our lawn. The phone's funeral. All the times we were there. Mahesh, Nacha, Saurav, Kalyan, Preeti, Preji, Nithya, Shrey, Swati, Nirmal and me.

*Limbo!

*Sudden moodswings which left me blank and grumpy.

*Shorty, who I atlast got to know better.

*My Nike Right shoe sole which got torn.

*The tight schedule due to which we missed paintball and other events, we'd normally have attended.

*A weird night at HSB 264.

*The slacker group of the walking party. Yay to us people!

*Bleak. Demon Of the fall. Lotus eater. Deliverance. Drapery falls. Opeth. Headbanging. Shrey. Sore throat and stiff neck.

*Saarang Village. And the EVAM play. Riding Karthik's bike. A bike after 2 years.

*Mental voids. Periods of black-outs. 

*A pleasant surprise in the form of a school friend from the 9th. :)

*Earphones and then ight air for company, singing "I'm still alive" loud to anyone who wants to hear at 3 AM on the 26th.

A Saarang which tilted towards the "awesome" side. A saarang to remember. For myriad reasons which I can only try to put in words, the reasons which I felt and one needs to be there to feel, in that campus, secluded from the rest of the world.


17 comments :

Nithya said...

:)

Anonymous said...

Amen. :)

Atulaa Krishnamurthy said...

oh my time will come.
sigh.

sounds simply amazing though. :(

Anonymous said...

Good memories :)

Sharanya said...

I'm glad you didn't give a blow by blow account. This was an amazing read.

AND YOU FED CAKE TO A STAG?! I feel ashamed. The last time I went there and Shreyas showed me one, I squealed with fright and ran away. Bah.

Ok, deer, but whatever.

bhavini said...

:)

Aravind said...

fad hun eh? :D

Anonymous said...

Nothing on rock show?

Ryan said...

@all, Try Ching's hot garlic noodles. Period. :P

@Vijay, Adhaan opeth pathi oru line. Decibels I couldn't go to because I went to the kuruk quiz

Harish Rajagopalan said...

needless to say. you had fun. but wait. you housed there?

Nacha said...

Precious! :) -sighs!

Respectful Disagreement said...

okay two things...

1) you dint mention the hoemcoming.. BIIIG mistake.. best evet ever.. :P

2) we dint swindle 200 bucks rather we TOOk it from you..

3) who is shorty? i take offence.. :P

ya sorry three...

preji said...

seriously ya who s shorty...;)?? good to be abstract ...but not to this extent..:)..:)

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Anonymous said...

hadleigh auto gmc oneonta 98 nissan frontier parts audi sirius receiver air car france les

Anonymous said...

34753.....11851

Anonymous said...

Actually like your websites details! Undoubtedly a wonderful supply of information that is extraordinarily helpful. Stick with it to hold publishing and that i’m gonna proceed reading by way of! Cheers.
Seo needs a great search engine optimizer plan. Just one in all these strategies can make a giant distinction in your sites position and company your web site brings you.
I’ve just lately started a blog, the data you provide on this website has helped me tremendously. Thank you for all of your time & work.


Metformin cheap | Metformin overnight cheap