Feb 12, 2009

On the turning away

It is 4.30 PM on a thursday and we go to the canteen. We as in me ganesh, ET, Venki and Vibhu. Apparently they'd started vending the maggi soup that they sell on trains. I get this one which is priced at 7 bucks, two more than the ones they sell in trains. I get the cup from the "akka" there, and the quantity is the same as they give on trains, minus a bread crumb or two. :P. I take a sip or two, leave it on my table under the watchful eyes of ganesh and Venki, and go to get my dosa. I come back and the soup is gone. :|

My two sip old soup was missing. Wanna know how? The table cleaning ladies probably took it thinking it was a soup left undrunk. :| All this happened when those two were still at the table, apparently too engrossed in their talk about world affairs. :|

My soup. Down the drain. :(

And what was fascinating was there was a soup cup, at the table nearby and no one was drinking it. But I can't be too sure can I?

A month or so back, Half a bajji of mine suffered the same fate when I turned around to get a coffee. These people ought to be taught when to clear a table and when not to. 

P.S : On a different note, Happy birthday Tina! (Thanks You, who lives on love and fresh air, for the info) An hour too early but all the same. Go midget!


7 comments :

Sharanya said...

And now I feel like having soup. Damn you.

Hari said...

:) life plays practical jokes on you.. learn to laugh with it..
anyway, what happened to my chair in class today is similar aint it?
chill bro..

Tina Nandi said...

lol. sorry about the soup!
and thank you.
p.s. I am NOT that short!! :P

Vijay G S said...

Is this what they call "you are in soup" :)

Respectful Disagreement said...

you lost a soup.. i lost a 12 rupees limited meals in my canteen... and I was planning to write that on my blog damn you!..

S.. Diva said...

ah! talk about cleaning ladies.. they are in full josh to do their job thesedays...
last evening i was at a wedding reception and the cleaning ladies kept eyeing our plates whenever we took a break to chat and left the spoon down.. damn! you can't even have free food in peace. what a plight!

Atulaa Krishnamurthy said...

haha, sad state.
and don't they charge 7 rupees for the soup on trains too?