Feb 21, 2009

Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia

Cognizant held a quiz for the pre final year students from all over Coimbatore and surrounding areas. We were tied for the first when yours truly goofs up on the last question, a tad too enthusiastic, and says Huntington's instead of parkinson's. Only to drop down to second, that too tied for second. 

The tie breaker question on the buzzer. 

Anger, Avarice, Gluttony..

(By now I am smiling and thinking "Bring it on")

...Pride, Envy, Lust and X.

Greed won ET and me, a 30 Gb video pod. Each. :)


Meet Rain aka 42, the newest arrival. :)  The funda of the Pod being female is simply the fact that Shadow is male. 

P.s : The title was our teamname. On a whim, we wanted a dimmu name :)

13 comments :

Anonymous said...

I know this Dimmu track! Shrey raved so much about it! =)

And congratulations - awesomeness! :D 42 being in relation to Hitchhiker's?

Anonymous said...

RAIN! Ack! Congrats! And she's beautiful!

~The other one

Jalabulajanx said...

dammitall.

on a different note, nice team name. burn in hell \m/

Jalabulajanx said...

what was first place?

Atulaa Krishnamurthy said...

WHOA.
good JOB!
42, niiice. dimmufy on!

Hariharasudhan Viswanathan said...

Awesome da! Feels good to hear a quiz story after a looong time :)Congrats!

Nithya said...

Nithya also calls her Mo :P

Ryan said...

@floo,
Yes yes hitchhiker only. :)

@Anonymous stalker,
Why the anon status?

@42,
\m/ yeah!

@crazylittlething
I got the spacing right :)

@hari,
Visit the cqc blog on my blogroll. Anga naraiya question irukkum. :)

@Nithya,
Rain objects.

bhavini said...

DUDE!

Hari said...

uncle gilma, his niece rain, and nephew shadow.. hmmm..

gravity said...

:) Haha.. Nothing beats my screw up. So, the quiz master guy asks some audience questions.

*What is the collective word for bananas?

And i know the answer. But being the shy idiot, i just tell it to my friends around me :)

Thing is, i don't realize that i'm sitting with my hands stretched out on top of my head! (It's my way of relaxing)

So, the quiz master guy, THINKS that little miss sunshine here knows the answer and is lifting her hand.

"Oh, Do you have the answer?"

I blink a few times. And then a few times more.

I realise that people are staring at me.

I blink again (until my brain tells my mouth to say, NO NO.. sorry.. i was just sitting LIKE AN IDIOT)

"OH, You were just stretching.."

RIGHT ON. :-|

I hide so low into my seat and feel like a complete fool all over again.

hahaha
I should have just said the answer. Damn.

Anonymous said...

Whoa!!!! Lucky Lukcy guys! Too much, but with that answer and all you deserved it I guess :)

Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Greed gets u a 30gb pod!
fittu! :)