Jun 1, 2009

6 in 3. The Sequel

This time I didn't watch 6 movies in three days.

In no particular order :

Into the wild : Methought it was beautiful. some people say it is creepy. (Sonu doesn't think it's creepy but maybe she will after she watches it. My bad! :P)

Monsters Vs Aliens : Animated features, you know how they work. The best thing about this, for me was B.O.B and Dr.Cockroach.

Twilight : I think I've said enough in the previous post. (I should probably add that the baseball scene was shot well. Loved the editing and the background score)

In Bruges : Clap. Clap. Weirdly amazing movie.

Charlie Wilson's war : The cold war. As it was, with Tom Hanks playing Charlie Wilson.
“These things happened. They were glorious and they changed the world. Then we fucked up the endgame.”

The Shining : Now THIS is a creepy movie.

Gran Torino (again)

Munich : Retaliation for the murder of the Israeli athletes at the munich olympics. Well shot but a tad slow.

Angels and Demons : Definitely better than "The Da Vinci code" movie. They did fairly enough to condense it into a movie. I've always considered Dan Brown as a masala-author, but he sure has done his research. There was one major production flaw in the movie however. Like, MAJOR. It is 8 PM when the first killing happens, and the vatican ha sa bright sunny sky. Half an hour or so later, it is the dark of the night, probably because the director realised it.

Word from the GRE front is that progress is good on that side as well.

10 comments :

ram said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ram said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ram said...

Just came back from Angels and Demons...kumaresh pointed out tat sunlight flaw in theater immediately..ganja says sun sets late in Vatican..but anyway it was too bright for 7 pm.......the film was a good thriller but nothing more special...

IMO Munich was awesome ,had some great heart pounding moments, a different kind of revenge flick..

Felt tat In Bruges was probably the most neglected movie last year ,great writing and good performances by all(colin farrell was great) ,yet zero oscars for it and slumdog gets eight ....

Shining was creepy but, had some great scenes, the two sisters,the long tracking shot of the boys cycle,REDRUM revelation
,the maze & Nicholson intensified the creepiness , yet i found it to be inferior to rest of kubricks, may be it got too much into symbolism in many parts


haven't seen the rest.....

Sharanya said...

I know, I think the explanation is that the sun sets late there-- like, REALLY late. It was much better than the DVC, I agree. ANd everyone must read the book before they watch the film.

I get this rush of thrill when I see my blog name linked it weird ways. Thank you for making my day. Please make it again. (Jet Airways, anyone? =P)

Nithya said...

I wants to watch Angels and Demons too.
I started watching My Left Foot. 10-15 minutes into the movie and I realized I wouldn't want to watch that movie. Depressing, eet ees :\

Ryan said...

@Ram yea we discussed the late setting of the sun too but definitely not that abrupt :|

The redrum revelation was awesome. Super sounds also.

@Sharanya,

You have cheap thrills :D

@Nithya,

Happy endings though.

Sharanya said...

Gah. Unguta poi choneney, enna dhaan chapal oda adikenum =P

Sonal said...

Hey! I haven't even seen Into The Wild. I'm talking about some anonymous movie where she gets raped and then becomes creepily silent. now THAT is creepy!

Ryan said...

@sonu,

Then you should see it.
And I've edited it so you don't find you finding it creepy anymore :P

Arul said...

A&D gud movie and gud justice to the Book,unlike Da Vinci Code,
Well during summers,in central europe the Sun usually sets at around 9-10.00 P.M and rises very early-=about 5ish.And sometimes
the darkness in the night just creeps up on you without even u being aware of it.One minute ur taking a nice walk after dinner and then it is suddenly dark..