Jul 29, 2009

Men of principle

My Industrial management lecturer has a lot of quirks, vices if you may, but there are times when he says things like this, that makes you look up to him.

"I'm against the reservation system. I belong to the Backward community. Around three years back, my daughter wrote her boards and appeared for counselling. My friend suggested me to make use of that loophole and get a seat in the BC quota. I didn't allow it. She got into Sandwich EEE in the general category."

--

Half a globe away, lived a man named Randy Pausch. His last lecture is something that isn't to be missed. However I didn't get to reading his book all this time. Funny how I started reading it exactly a year after he died. The book has much more detail, how he got to doing his lecture, his narrative part. I'm not gonna spoil it for you by quoting him. Go on, read it.

8 comments :

ram said...

yes anti reservation being discussed on lectures ...hmm....enga hod would have said "if its not related to manufacturing i wont agree"...hope you get it

btw, no idea on randy pausch..

blog pirikuthu....great look da...

Anonymous said...

Technically, If that fellows daughter went thru' her BC quota.. Another OC fella would have taken PSG Tech :)

This is his 5th or 6th class in this entire month na?

Anonymous said...

Hrmm. Which subject does he handle ?

Sharanya said...

Oh my GOD. I LOVE the new look. It's so YOU. Yay!

Nithya said...

Love the template and the tagline :)

Tina Nandi said...

Love the new layout!

Hari said...

you know when you enter one of those places that look like a shack from outside and is like a palace inside??

like how your house is a total mess in the morning when u leave and when u return, you find that your mom has been busy tidying the place up?

that just happened to me..
*stunned* (and impressed)

but all that hard work takes away the cosy feeling of a disorganised house. n thats a bit like how this is..

great work gilmer :)

Asmita Nandedkar said...

I am missing out on so much Ryan :(..

Blog change and everything.. :((

(i haven't read a word of this post btw :P)