Oct 24, 2009

Them good Ol' movie watchin' times.

Finally, I got to see 5 movies in what could technically be called a spree. ;)

The Aviator : Long, but worth it. Leonardo owns.

I Love You, Man : Funny movie. A change from the serious stuff. Not American pie sequel-like brainless humor. :)

The Hustler : An addition to the list of Paul Newman movies I'm hitting off late. He's got style!

The Hangover : Hilarious movie. Worth the hype, IMO. (Well chosen soundtracks )

Inglourious Basterds : The movie I was most anxious to see, this year. I waited this long to get a good print of it, cursing Coimbatore theatres for screening shit like Jagan Mogini instead of English movies. Finally, I saw it yesterday...

It was GOOD. But not Tarantino-GOOD. See movies like Pulp fiction, Kill Bill, Reservoir Dogs to know what I mean.

In short the Basterds weren't as Awesome as they were on the trailer, save the Bear Jew.

Next up : Rocknrolla, Star Wars - the entire series (amidst all the application madness)

5 comments :

Nithya said...

Add Tahaan to the list please :D

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. I loved Pulp Fiction, and liked Inglorious Basterds too. Thing is, 'Kill Bill' was pure gore as per me! I couldn't go beyond the eye plucking scene. The Bear Jew scene was probably the most brutal in this movie. So is that you didn't find the move gory enuff for you liking???

Ryan said...

DI,

Wasn't the gore alone. Tarantino films are stylish. Very. And the sounds are good too. Inglourious was stylish, but not enough. The smoke scene int he end and a coupla others WERE good. But somehow I didn;t find it as good as Pulp fiction

Arul said...

ha..watch Kuruvi and pokkiri instead.Worth all the money..

Arul said...

ha..watch Kuruvi and pokkiri instead.Worth all the money..MOre stylish than JT's movies and edge of the seat thrillers..