Nov 5, 2006

One " hell " of a day

Now have you ever complained about every single lousy thing that happened one day in your life even if it happened amidst a lot of better stuff? Trust me I have and now i know I should not have done so! This true life incident has made me appreciate how much deep shit stinks.Read on......

Friday the 3rd of November 2006. As usual I wake up at 6 once and at 6 30 again. That's when I realize I have only 45 minutes to get ready for college. Damn it! But it is already 6 45 when I realize that so there are just 30 minutes left. Some how with stupendous speed( yea I read calvin and hobbes!!) I get ready in time. With stupendous accuracy I put on my socks only to get a tinge of the feeling that some " stuff" wants to come out of me. There you have it. Five minutes late to the bus stop, I was. But already two buses had gone through, and along with them also my hopes of getting to sit all the way to college. Thank God, my friend Surya (who was just two minutes late) had also missed the bus!! I looked up and was thankful for the weather being so cool and I almost started to think what a beautiful day this is!! I thought a lil too soon. It was 7 40 when this started.


30 minutes later.

Man this sucks


And a whole lot of other things also came out of my mouth too. All these days you see buses whiz past when you don't need them. Now when class starts at 8 30 not a single one shows up. Not a single frigging one!! Desperation drove us to take a bus to the main road. Then a tiny ray of light shone down upon us. A direct bus to my college was coming and it was empty. Thanking my lucky stars I almost got on the bus. Then I thanked my lucky stars that I did not get on the bus. Phew!! TOo close for comfort. It was a ladies bus for Christ's sake. Some how we got to the bus terminal and there too not a single bus to my college!! I almost shouted joey style "Why God Why did you do this to me??" Somehow I think the bus driver heard my plea for help(Coz I don''t think God can hear it!!) and he rushed to the stop.

I was just 25 minutes late. It was my luck that the teacher turned out to be thoughtful and gave me attendance. That was only the beginning to the day. The rest of the day was as boring as looking at clock tick. Then EG(engg graphics) hour came.My face assumed its usual Life-does-not-treat-me-well kinda look. To make it even worse it was theory. I enjoyed drawing at least a bit. But time came to my aid and the theory class was over in a bit. Imagine sitting in a class where the teacher's response to every question is" There is no logic in your question"!! And I think you would all agree that only a moron with no originality will use the word prerequisite for each alternate sentence. Now you understand why we think what we think about EG??

Drawing was fun. It was this entire new stuff about solids and I had a great time. Yea once again reality hit me directly in my face. A doubt popped in my head and I dunno what made me ask the teacher the question.

Me: "Sir in this diagram is it ok if the elevation overlaps the original diagram??"
Sir: No it is not. It should be separate.
Me: Sir but you drew it like that on the board.
Sir: A good planning is a prerequisite (there we go again!) for a precise diagram. Re draw it.
Me: (No answer)
Instead I turned around and vented my anger to my friend and we ended up having a great time after all!!Once again I was hit square in the face by another misfortune.
Before I go into it I'd like to modify the saying

"Don't look a gift horse in the mouth." TO:

"Don't look a camel anywhere coz both ends look alike". Anybody who've tried to smell it please tell me.

As it turned out they started collecting the previous assignment. I was for once satisfied because I had finished it way earlier. To my sheer frustration I found out that my friend, whom I'd given the sheet to, had forgotten to bring it. Yep that's right. But the people who collected it were kind enough to let me off and they asked me to submit the next day without the teacher's knowledge!! hats off to 'em!! All shit should also come to an end. And so it did.

I've learnt a lot from this day :

Moral 1: Don't burn buses. They take revenge.
Moral 2: If you do burn them, burn them really well. Because they deserve it.
Moral 3: Screw the government transport service for not being punctual.
Moral 4: Don't blame everything on others! If I had gone early this would not have taken place!
Moral 5: Time is precious. You waste 5 minutes and it makes you wish you hadn't.
Moral 6: Treat life well.
Moral 7: Universal law of occurrence of horse shit:
"Everything cannot go wrong at the same time.If something goes wrong then other stuff should wait for it to become right." (In my case EG waited!!}
Moral 8: Don't ever think "Life sucks". Look at this post every time you think your day sucked.
Moral 9: Share your shitty days( and good days of course, I don't need to mention that) so that others may feel theirs was not bad after all!!
Moral 10: All is well that ends well.

I know I won't get a chance to relive Friday the 3rd of November 2006. And now that I think of it I don't need another chance because, life is what you live by instinct and it is not meant to be how you want it to be. It would be hell of a lot better if one learns to love it the way it is rather than wanting it to be the way he loves it.

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Yeah....one hell of a day indeed...! cool one..! Remember me..? Chandru's friend...