Jan 17, 2007

Just another drop in the sea

What started out as a half-hearted substitute to diary writing now has successfully gotten its 50th entry. Yes. This very blog you are reading is 50 posts old. 50 baby!!! Now that is a milestone. I have to congratulate myself for this. :D
There you have it! Evidence...

I had no particular topic in mind for this post. So, to kill boredom( because I did not feel like sleeping. It is 10 30 PM)and to get this milestone under my belt, I decided "Why not thank all the people who took pains (LOL) to visit this blog and read each post that this screwed up brain could think of? " Not only that but also they had the time to comment. So here goes......My tribute to THE PASSERBYs ( in no particular order)

#1 : Uttara

The person who sowed the seed in my brain. The seed, which later developed into this thirst for blogging. Her blogs are unbelievably long, yet captivating. My benchmate during 4th and 5th, and a city-mate now (!), it has been a wonderful ride with her on board. Known for her brain and cheek even then! An enigma.Keep em' coming pal!

#2 : Shreyas Krishna

The person in whom I re-instilled the interest of blogging. This fellow had already had a blog but forgotten the password. This is exactly what he had commented.....
"He he he...If one can post crap like this, why shouldn't I start a blog!!" ( Referring to my earliest posts, which were..total crap). I've just got to know him better and blogging is a part of the thread that holds us together, other parts being coffee, music, cars, bikes, yahoo! pool, graffiti, etc.....Cheers mate!

#3 : Nithya (Siva) Shankar

Actually I don't know what her exact name is because I guess she has changed it. Really great pal. Got a lot of stuff in her brain. I think that's what makes her eyes bulge out a bit. lol. Awesome vocabulary she has got. Her poems always make me realise the dufus in me! Her blogs are one of a kind. So is she- one of a kind. Great to have met ya Nith!! Rock on _ _ (you know what this is!!!)

#4 : Shivram

Now what can I say. The guy with the "I don't give a fuck " attitude. Recently joined the bloggers fray. Pretty lazy at blogging I should say. But by his usual standards, his posting skills are lightning fast! Great pal. We resonate quite well. Hellzhole's asshole-in-chief! A pulsar is waiting on the wings for him too. Well there you have it. ma man Shiva!

#5 : Madhavan Ravi

The guy who spares some time from his supposedly busy schedule to sneak a peek occasionally at this idle mind. I can't blame him. He's got his masters degree to get! Well for all those who don't know- Madhavan Ravi is Sharanyan Ravi's brother. Not seen him in a lot of time. Thank you brotha !!!

#6 : Annette Thomas

A.K.A gravity. College senior. Techmusic judge. Rocking singer. Talented poetess. Rookie sketcher. Well there you have it. In a nutshell. Her taste in movies match mine a lot. Se prefers not be called one but she is a major padips. Keep the snide comments coming 'nette!!

#7 : Surya Krishna

Chief golti of the gang. The man with the "Hell! who cares " attitude. My recent friend but a really good one. We live on the same street. His time-to -time mokkais are really painful but he does that only to break the silence. Champion comedian. And the king of ab-crunches. Waiting for his blog to receive the first meaningful post. Rock on pal!

#8 : Shri Hari

The leader of our makeshift CS team. Awesome guy. His camera rocks. One of my other recent friends. Chuchu makes him squirm! Partners in crme at uit, cibi fraud ( HE HE ), Morning college bus missers.. etc etc. Awaiting his blog too. Pottukko machaan!

#9 : Athos
This isn't his original name I guess. He is supposed to be my college senior but I don't know him. But I sure can say one thing. His poems are one of a kind. HIs skills at photography are cool too. One of my blog pals. See in what ways blogging helps one! Nice guy. Cheerio!
#10 : Venki ( Geek Almighty)

Another very recent blog pal. Tech geek I should say from what I have gathered up to date. All his posts are wacky, original and creative. His blog looks cool, pimped up and all. Would be great if all bloggers unite one day. Hmm. Lemme keep dreaming.
#11 : Vaishnavi and upasana

I don't know if these two people read all my posts but they do visit this page once in a BLUE moon. Their lazy asses aren't so lazy after all but lazy enough not to comment. One's a cousin and the other indulges in cuisine! Rock on girls!
#12 : College pals

Mary --> for your verbal comments at college after reading the blog at home
ET ---> For your occasional visits to this page with your busy dating and what not.
Niveditha ---> For all the page visits and the one comment.
Prahaas---->I just found today he reads my page !!!
Ganesa---> One of my best pals in college.

#13 : Meera

Ah. The one who read all my post but got the nerve to comment only after the 40th one. Believe me this girl said she was scared of me till 12th standard. What! Did I have horns and had a blue tongue or something? Anyways, Pals forever!
#14 : The others

The title "the others " do not make these readers any less important. Karthik, Govind, Gautam, etc.. these people atleast had the patience to visit my page of yarns! Thanks y'all.

#15 : Mystery Men (& Women)

All those who without my knowledge visit my blog. Thank you.

Phew..That was some hard work. Only now I can see I actually have a sizable number of readers. I'm honored! Thank ye one and all!

And check out the what's brewing tab now and then for news on any additions to the blog and where to find them. Rata ta ta ta !!

Please leave your comments as always!!

Escaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaape!!

17 comments :

SHIVA said...

Dude.Congrats on your milestoneand i m the first comment 4 this feat YAY.Looks like there is a fierce competition between u and nithya for who is the first to reach a 100 posts.And thanks a lot for explaining to everybody my attitude,but if they spend 5 mins with me they would have guessed it.Anyways ma man great and awesome job...

ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!

P.S.Please do not stop with the F.R.I.E.N.D.S dialogues because they rock man

gravity said...

PADIPS?? :P ROFLMAO

You're like einstein incarnate! ha ha. Wow.. happy 50th! Makes me feel guilty bout not writing much!

Anonymous said...

50 at last...u sure like thankin people heh...keep goin, keep it comin

Cheers
Shrey

Ryan said...

@shiva.....Ill never stop friends man...

@gravity

I think its safe to say i dont have as cool a hairstyle as albie!!

@shrey
Make it to 50 quick man...maybe ull thank me bak!! LOL

Nithya said...

erm..My Name is supp 2 be Nithya Sivashankar..getha irukatume nu Nithya Shankar nu pota Numerology nu misinterpret panraan paaru ...MAS...

Congo on 50 !!!
Waiting for your 100th post :P

And what's that _ _ supp 2 b ? I m like breaking my head...oru mannum pureela...

Nithya said...

"One's a cousin and the other indulges in cuisine"

lol ! Accha Ek !!

Nithya said...

btw What happened to your Kuruk post ?
Kuruk 08 pathi ezhudhaporiya ? :O

Nithya said...

I found out what that _ _ means. It required an 'Amma' to instill sense into my head :|...romba theva

4 Comments naane pannirken..vetti me..gotto get back to coll now..Congo again !

Venki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Venki said...

Congrats man & nice to see that my name has come in ur 50th post.. Thnx.. i wil keep u entertained in d posts to come.. btw i crossed 25 today..landmark day for us :)

Dinesh Krishnaswamy said...

"His poems are one of a kind"- in short "sucks":))
cool post dude.

Unknown said...

hats of sharan!!!keep blogging..ur blogs were really too good n i know u ll continue ur blogs in the same way...


paavi..ennikoo sonnadhe nyabagam venchindu public a maanatha vaangite..
neways am very happy to see my name in ur wish list....:)
n ofcourse sharan..
pals forever...

Madhavan said...

Hey

Congrats on ur 50th.....
Hmmm...Einstein incarnate???? whoa!!

pretty powerful comments there....
Nice posts...."maele vechukko!!"

-Madhavan

" Every pun is a 'reword'. "

Unknown said...

oye.. congrats on ur 50 posts.. btw, nothing squirms me :P

ROCK ON MATE !!

Dolphin said...

am not lazy mr.sphere....come here and see if i have time even to breathe... :|...i do comment!!..anyway...happy 50th for the nth time!

Nithya said...

umm..You aren't updating that F.R.I.E.N.D.S stuff and Garfield everyday, are you ?

plzzzz update Garfield :D

YOu have a reader-base of atleast 1 :P , atleast as far as Garfield is concerned

Dinesh Krishnaswamy said...

nice colour:P