May 11, 2007

Shittiest luck

Exams nearing. All the buzz about studying somehow miraculously starts even in the most sleepy places. I will never understand why we study for marks. I don't object that I don't want marks but given a chance to choose between CGPA or percentage I'd go for the latter( Neither if possible). But anyway like I can't make the dog pee in the bathroom I can't make the grades go away. So it is satisfactory for me if I get the maximum in the subjects I like. Which are Programming and English. And a bit of math too.

Last semester I managed to get what I want in Coding and english. Want more? I was the only one in my class to get 'S' ( that/s the highest ) in english . (I'm blowing my trumpet I know :D...Eppoyavadhu thaan chance e kidaikkudhu).....So this semester I decided to make it two outta two.

I got 26 on 30 in the first test. So I figured my internal marks are safe. And also I got 18 outta 20 for the seminar I handled. And I got 58 outta 60 in the final test too. Kinda like the fairy tale ending eh? Nohoooooooo. That can't happen can it?

It seemed very very possible though.

That's when they decided to take an average for the twenty internal marks.

An average of the first two test marks.

And what had I done before they let out this fact?

I had cut the second test.

And to rub salt in the wound it turned out that I had needed just 15 on 30 in the second test to get an 'S'.




6 comments :

Nithya said...

Idhuku thaan internals cut pannitu, hostel poi vettiya pesa koodathu nu solradhu :D

Neways don't tell me u r banking only on ur English marks for ur CGPA...Epdiyum 9.5 varum, nee indha test ezhudhinrndha say 9.8 vandhirkuma ??

P.S : I don't know indha CGPA calculation-valculation things..oru rough estimate thaan..

P.P.S : Enna Friends paathutu blogging thaana ? No mood to study eh ?? :P

P.P.P.S : If i were that kid's (the one in ur post-pic) mother, i don't know, what I would've done to that my kid :|
No offence :D

Ryan said...

no that was not that time...this bunking was because i was late....by 30 minutes..i still had 40 minutes left i could ave attended..but naaaah..:D

english onnum cgpa ku bank panla..i luv the subject...(not what the course prescribes..that is total bull)

no mood to study..blogged...then gym..then bak here!!! "THere and back again"!!

That kid is cool!! And he s pissed off like i was too!!

Uttara Ananthakrishnan said...

shit happens..free vidu.the only time i flunked in my life (touch wood) is in "english" i got a shitty lec, with whom i had an argument , result she gave me one mark for my 1) essay, 2) lettter 3) some crap thing....
i got a 19 outta 50 and 25 is pass..but
wtf, who cares....

btw, in our col internal exams dont matter

SHIVA said...

tats it da....give em the finger....screw the education system :P

Priya Arun said...

idhellam vazhkaile sagajamappa! naangalum first year thaandi dhaan vandhom.. by the time you get to final year, forget S you'll die for a B or C :-(

Ryan said...

@ priya...

ippove andha range than!!