May 3, 2007

Time...


I went to the railway station one fine day, or night rather. It was one of those summer special trains my relatives had to catch. By rule all trains should be late. And that is one rule Indian trains never violate. I took the time to stroll down the platform. Rats. Everywhere on the rails. A family of them wriggling around like vermin. I moved my eyes away in disgust. What met my eyes now was exactly the opposite. I stood in a trance. It was a pretty girl in yellow. Standing there near her father. I could not take my eyes off her. I did not care if she saw me looking at her. Which was exactly what was going to happen next if I continued what I was doing. She played with her hair a bit. Then looked up and saw me standing. I could not help but smile. Surprisingly she smiled back. A REAL smile. Not one just out of compulsion. One that came from inside. Half hour passed quickly. The train came. It left.....

She was 8...

Cha...!

Innocence is by far the greatest victim of time.

One year of my college life has passed. Like the train of time which took me 10 years away from her.

In our hearts all of us are babies . Atleast in a small corner. Yesterday , may 2nd was WORLD BABY DAY. How do I know? A friend of mine wished me, with a big grin. I just smiled. Then wished back.

Remember, a smile is one reason why God gave us muscles.

Live. Don't just exist.

11 comments :

SHIVA said...

dai....poyum poi chinna ponna sight adichuruke :|...vekkama illaya :P .. FYI god gave muscles to smile and also 2 show off in front of chicks...tats y we goto gym u dumb do brain :P

Priya Arun said...

:-)

There, I'm smiling.

Nithya said...

Shiva comment :)) lol...Age doesn't matter much, does it ?? :D And u shuld've gone near her and spoken atleast a few words to her..Oru Footpop kaila vechirnda kooda nanna irundhirkum :P

Brahmin girl a Sharan ? "I dunno why Brahmin girls are beautiful" =))

10 seconds to read..maybe more to think is amazing :) Plz regular a adhayum Garfield um update pannu :|

Chandrashekar Anand said...

dei... first year la Girl friend kadaikaadha maari ezhudirukka da..
i don t think u must have problems in that da. your college is second to none in number of chicks.
neeyo kadalaila bayangarama talented...
innum moonu varsham irukku... will we see a different post in may 08??

Ryan said...

@ shiva.....sight a da adichen....beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder :p..some call it sight...and i said smile is ONE of the reasons...and the other is obv what u sed!!

@priya
Wow what an exertion u must be really tired!! :P

@nithya

aama aama..total stranger and i was wearing three fourths too....lollipop a vechi lure panni kidnap panna vandhen nu gummiduvaanga

brahmin a nu therle!!! :D

@chandru...

He he only the future can tell..who knows!!! may be my girl is waiting til may 08!!

Aravind said...

ET ku ithu theriyuma??

Nithya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nithya said...

hmm..nee indha F.R.I.E.N.D.S 'quote' yerkanave type pannirke un blog page la :|
Chaaaaaaaaaangggggggeeeee :D

"lollipop a vechi lure panni kidnap panna vandhen nu gummiduvaanga"

Kidnapper? nee ? Un moonjiya paatha ? Chance e illai..:D

Dolphin said...

awesome post da. made me smile and reconnect with the baby in me :) who still hugs a teddy bear when she is sleeping :| (a nice stuffed brown bear... soft fur...cool thing--NOT LIKE MR.BEAN'S STUPID LOOKIN BEAR) don laugh though :P

8 yr old eh? cute da.. kids are always cute!! and smile innocent true smiles :)

after all, it takes only 17 muscles when u smile...whereas its 43 when u frown!! keep smiling!!

Aparajitha said...

nithys is right..age really doesnt matter..and it really made me smile...

Nithya said...

YOu rn't plannin on updating ur blog or wat :|