Oct 29, 2007

Being me


I wish I were a water bottle
My water drives thirst away,
After I'm used, after I'm empty,
I'm just thrown away..

I wish I were a shadow,
Dancing to the tunes of light,
My life not in my own hands
Merging seamlessly into the night.






I wish I were a mayfly,
Living for a day or two,
No burdens, no regrets,
Till I'm crushed by a shoe

I wish I were a rock,
Sweating in the sun,
With nothing to give me company,
Nobody..No one..

I wish I were a barren desert,
Or even a crooked tree,
Only then would I realise,
How great it is to be me..


-Ryan.A.Nash

10 comments :

Sathya said...

Nice poem da!!

aprom... Unnaku black and white na romba pudikuma?? ellame antha colour le irukku??!!

Nithya said...

Beautiful :) Loved it sharan :) you neednt have inserted both the pics...The first one mattum irundhirndha nanna irundhirkum :)

Dolphin said...

awesome poeme.... :) really loved it.... simple verses convey so much meaning.. :) keep it going da

Anonymous said...

wow! loved it! :) see, this is the change i was talking about! :)

gravity said...

pretty cool man. i like!

Aravind said...

nice oen da... i still didn't get the meaning of the pics :|

Aravind said...

*poem :D

Anonymous said...

hey! what's this new blog look n all? me totally likey..very nice :-)

and the poem?! I think me being away makes people more creative n talented n all that! :-) (yes, I've gotten into this very strange bad habit of linking everything in the blogworld to my recent comeback, please to excuse till effects die down and I become normal) :-)

on a serious note, enjoyed the poignant verse.. a sight for sore eyes (and a sore-er mind)

Ryan said...

@sathya
just liked it

@nithya
yea i think so too but i wanted to silently show off my photographic skills u see :P

@upasana

yes they do

@ iyer

maybe :P

@gravity..

:| very resounding comment :)

@the chief

de first photo because i write poems :P

second because it is like a person struggling to survive.:P

Ryan said...

@priya..

yea i love this look too...looks calm ...

maybe u being in this virtual sphere scrambles everything that oughta work properly..:P