Nov 30, 2007

A dog's life

Our 2 year anniversary, and I have to spend it alone. You know, it was this very same day she promised me she'd never leave me. I should have seen her fingers to see if she'd had them crossed. Hmmm..I still remember the shirt she wore that day, light blue, First button missing, an ink dot on her high on the right cheek, a result of pen-in-hand thinking. That day when I told her that I love her. That day that she told me she felt the same way too. That day that I 'd wished for every day after meeting her at work. Two years ago. Two years.

"I'm leaving on a jet plane..." . Yea right. A jet plane named misunderstanding that eventually crashed in the sea of despair. You had to take me along didn't you? Let me look back. Everything was fine. Smooth. You loved me. I loved you. People were ok with it. Then I get promoted and I got a secretary and you got jealous. For what?? Because she got to spend more time with me at office. But you never understood that the amount of time is never a measure for the amount of love. Yes she was a good friend. Yes we had coffee together. Yes I gave her a hug for her birthday. But God, we've been through more. And A hug a coffee and some time dictating the details to me is enough to make you doubt me??

She wouldn't talk to me in the office again. And now it's our anniversary and she doesn't give a damn. Why?? Why can't people be open minded and mean it when they say "I trust you more than anybody"?? I can't let her go. No, I won't. I'll bring her door down if thats what it takes to get to her. I'll make her see sense that her smile says more than ..what did she say??..yea "that dumb Secretary girl" can ever say. I'm going right now.

Woof!!

Yea right. Woof bark..What else do you know..a little lick a little rub and there you go. Seven or eight puppies. No secretaries. Food, sleep and play. WIsh I had a life like you...

4 comments :

Nithya said...

Good one there :) Typical Sharan post - Love, coffee, a walk (Am just postulating :D) with a dog, leaving on a jet plane :D

'the amount of time is never a measure for the amount of love'

very very very true :)

So the creative juices did flow :)

Priya Iyer said...

bittersweet! :) cute one!

Aravind said...

nice one da!
Who's dog it is anyway?

Me said...

:D

Sharan, Sharan. :)