Jan 21, 2008

I'm back...

I’ve realised enough is enough. I ‘ve finally made sometime to do one of the things I love doing. Pity that I’ve time for other stuff but I ‘ve to make some to do what I love.

The past 2 weeks have been different for me. Stuff that was in my life for most of the time for the last year suddenly left me for the last week. No tantalizing wait for the s11a at 7 50 AM when a question pops into your head- “Has it left already??”. No three bus transit after the more often than not departure of the same without me. No “Excuse me ma’am”s on the few days I arrive at 8:32 AM but forced to accept it is 8:37 because the teacher’s watch says so. No sheepish grins. No knowing glances. No searching for a seat except the first three rows. No relief when the bell rings. No lunch time group discussions about what-not. No RV visits. No long-busride home. No music after getting home. No internet. No coimbatore….

Bro came home after one and a half years. We spent time at Chennai at grandma’s for the pongal holidays before his departure on 19th. He’s still the same, just a few adjustments- lesser hair and a few kilos lighter. I woke up late. Paati’s food for a change. Ate to my fill feeling guilty all along about the 5 kilos I’d gained. Nevertheless ate the same if not more. Went to spencers with mom and bro. Mom’s first visit there. Losing track of time had never been this fun. The four of us in an auto on a ride home. Stuff happens just to kindle your memory doesn’t it? A visit to a friend-from-old apartment-and-family-album’s place to find their kids all grown up but them being the same. Chit-chat. Dinner. Photo albums. Laughed at how stupid we looked in pants which looked like shorts because we wore them chest high. Made promises about suing my parents after I earned enough to get a lawyer, for not changing my hairstyle back then ( Trust me, You’d have done the same). Bye bye’s. Taxi ride to airport. Bye-byes. Hugs. Looking back. Ride back home at midnight. Staying awake to hear the flight has been delayed by two hours. Train journey back to coimbatore. Back to the life as of now.

I look back at this travel through time. Could it be that all these have been right here with me without me realizing it? Be what may, life rocks.

I feel some kind of change. I feel like I’ve been put through the borsalini test. I have a feeling I might have passed. J Blood flows through my fingers as I sit before this screen after three weeks and I realize how good it feels. Music runs in the back and I sing along. I break free along with avril and Zeppelin.

I feel good. Goooooooood! (Seen bruce almighty??)

5 comments :

Anonymous said...

Guess this is ma first comment....Great to read ur blog after a long time(almost a month)!

Nithya said...

Borsalini test ? Erm..Enlighten the ignoramus, will you ?

Anonymous said...

oh u remembered u had a blog eh , great...welcome back

Now whats a borsalini test? no results on google, so you either spelt it wrong or its something not many people know.

Priya Iyer said...

welcome back! :)

Sathya said...

Din actually realize you were not in college for 2 weeks!!

Was just wondering what happened to the guy who made atleast 5 posts a month!!!