Aug 9, 2008

Cheesy rhyming poem : Part-I-dunno-which

A whiff of her was all it took,
For me to drool like a brook.
I stared at her, so intense a stare,
She wouldn't stare back. This isn't fair!

She looked like the angel's tear,
Her eyes, blue and crystal clear.
So sweet, so beautiful,
Her lips, luscious and full.

And then it happened, as she came by,
She stopped and looked me in the eye.
Everything else around us stopped,
My heart did a thousand flip-flops.

The edges of her lips curved into a smile,
The prettiest I've seen in quite a while,
I stepped closer, really I did,
Something fluttered, oh, her eyelid..

She stepped closer too, It was going to happen!
I saw the mascara smudge and blacken.
It swirled and formed the words "Hash tree",
That's when I woke up from my reverie.

A whiff of her was all it had taken
For my drool to fill the interlaken
A memory of her was all it took,
For my drool to wet my book.

8 comments :

Nithya said...

:) Sharan's rhyme + his dream about a girl + a pinch of mush---> Nith likey :)

P.S : First few paras padichittu I thought you had written a poem on Snow White :P

Priya Iyer said...

that was cheesy, but nice. :D

Upasana said...

:| dei... u sound desperate :D kidding :)

Anonymous said...

Nice rhyming stuff..
'drool like a brook.. was kewl ! ;)

Loved the lines - "She looked like the angel's tear.."

Aravind said...

"My heart did a thousand flip-flops!"

CSE student nu prove pannita!

BTW who is that gal?!! :P

Anonymous said...

kalakkarey Nash kalakkarey...

Anonymous said...

Oh my! A whiff of her is not very romantic, you! Ha! But you do have a good rhyme sceme going on here.

Ryan said...

@Saraha,

thanks! But your poetry is beautiful, no meter or not. It is the words that count :)