Nov 26, 2008

.

I am woken up by a terrified mom, telling me about the scenario in Bombay. I had slept yesterday, thinking the worst was over, listening to a Bombay-ite weep blood over the horrible news. 

I wake up to hear shots being fired in the Taj, with mom frantically calling dad to see if he is ok. 

I wake up to see the reality in all its gory splendor. Mom tells me dad is ok. 

I wake up to hear reporters counting gun shots being fired, and people dying. The chief of the anti-terrorist force is dead, they say. 

I wake up to realise I would have been in that city at this time, if my trip hadn't been cancelled. What do I feel about this?

I wake up to see columbine, all over again, but just bigger. I am stupefied by this gruesome act. I am jack's cold sweat.

Man's worst enemy is man himself.

Remember remember the 27th of november
The gunpowder grenades and what not.

Mad world, this.

2 comments :

Sharanya said...

Fucking 16 hours, and it still isnt over.

Aravind said...

Good to hear that your dad is ok and your trip got cancelled!

Quote from V for Vendetta, right?

It truly is a mad world! This world would've been a better place if it wasn't for humans!!!