Nov 10, 2008

Hey, Bubba!

This has by far been the best exam-month in all my two and a half years of college life. This odd semester jinx has always been there with me. I tend to do better in my odd semesters, with a dip in the middle in the even semester. This semester, the pattern looks to repeat itself. And the best part is, it never felt like exam-week. 

One of the major contributors to that cause is the Border Gavaskar trophy, which India successfully lifted today, and which I was able to catch thanks to reliance BIGtv. We'd switched to that, the cable providers' service being something a lot less than poor. Questionable tactics now and then, yes but a win is a win, and the ends sure as hell justify the means, this being dada's last test match and stuff. We won't see him dancing down the pitch to meet murali again, those eyes squinting, searching for that ball which would end up on the roof along with them pigeon droppings. His cover drives are yet to be matched.

The reason I feel that the past month has been awesome, could also be due to the rush caused by the exams getting over, but you don't know that, do you? All you get to know is what I tell you, muwahahaha! And maybe even due to the fact that TWO movies by Frank miller are slated for release int he near future. The spirit and Sin city 2, which though comes little a later. My city screams. Frank Miller's got style, I tell ya. 

Getting to know new people more often than not makes your day all the more better. And finding someone who shares the power of ejecting a tiny ballistic stream of water out of your mouth (for lack of a better term :P), hehs. blehs and wolf howls,,and another someone who in her world is called what I'm called in mine, has been like a shot in my arm meant for these exam days.Oh and also the gang-with-a-name-I-won't-bring-myself-to-say. :D. And this train of thought lead me to my best years during school, and yea, reminiscing does you a lot of good, dangerously so.

So, an all-round awesome few weeks these have been. With Visak's sister's marriage and Compiler design bringing up the rear. They were a fine couple, Visak's sister and her love. Same school, same college and the rest, is history. 

Leaves me with an ominous feeling about compiler design because, "There has to be a "but" to everything. " I'm really going to haul butt for compiler design, to get rid of the prospective "but".

In a world where people fast to get their job done, show skin to become stars, and hook up to be on page 3, we, with lesser known lives also tread. And we, I can safely say, derive more pleasure in ours than all those people do in theirs.

8 comments :

Anonymous said...

Frank Miller = dark, urbane class. Unbeatable style!

And you know what. It's SO great to see someone this content. Heh. Ze Good Life! :D

Anonymous said...

India's hit a purple patch, now watch it go black and blue against england :P (Though i sincerely hope not)

And your exams are over ? :O

bhavini said...

Edge of a cliff, the moon takes a breath.

Aawooooooo!

Ryan said...

@su, for however short a duration, it is great. :)

and yea YOU can watch it in chennai where it'll release. Over here I'll have a tamil version of it running in some ramshackle theatre. Bleh.

@V
You should read "The loop". Trust me.

Nithya said...

:):):) You aren't happy for no-reason, are you ?

Sharanya said...

In a world where people fast to get their job done, show skin to become stars, and hook up to be on page 3, we, with lesser known lives also tread. And we, I can safely say, derive more pleasure in ours than all those people do in theirs.

Amen.

Oh and, I loved to hear you reminiscing. It's still your turn.

Anonymous said...

Ah, YES. With plush seats and the digital experience and all that jazz. :P One of the few good things about living in a metropolis. Yayyy! :D

Ryan said...

@nithya, nope :)

@the other one

It is SO NOT my turn, girl!

@su
Just you wait, I might even consider taking a trip to chennai instead of waiting for a dvdrip.