Dec 20, 2008

Humpty dumb-ty

We were in class, as usual, just going through the motions in one of those extremely uneventful X classes, where all we are told to do is copy notes. Nothing else. In short, we were doing time. We went through floating cars, suicide methods and finally landed on how dumb these teachers are. 

Hari : These teachers are so dumb. I'll prove it.
Me : How?
Hari : When she calls out my number for attendance, I'm going to yell "prison break" instead of "present ma'am". And she won't notice.
Me : It will probably work. All she expects is a grunt.

(Time passes)
X : Hari babu!
Hari : Prison break!
x : Is hari absent?
Hari : present ma'am.
x : Janani!
Hari : (to me) That didn't work. 

But atleast she's dumb in a different way. She can't acknowledge anything other than present (or) absent.  


Now, let's get out of reality and into the virtual world. I saw this on an orkut profile. "I'm cool I'm smart I'm everything you're not." To begin with, I'm not stupid, I'm not a 56 year old man suffering from syphilis. etc etc. 

And these two are just examples. Many more came from the same moulds. What is with the world nowadays? People are dumb in so many different ways. Everyday the word "dumb" is being redefined. 

The system is dumb too, in my college. There's this guy who gave the entire syllabus as seminar portions to the 68 of us. And all he does is sit in class and watch us give a seminar. And he gets paid for this. 

There are CSE students in my college who tried to install a certain software and succeeded after TWO whole months, and then decided that is not as good as another one, which took only a day to install. TWO whole months for an installation, and they are three years senior to me even.

I have one and a half more years to go. One and a half more years for them to invent newer ways to surprise me. 

Sometimes the only things I feel grateful for are my sanity, and my idle mind. 

7 comments :

Aravind said...

two months for a software? what software?

Anonymous said...

I could write a book on all the teachers I've encountered over the years, will make for a soober read.

Which reminds me, I'm going through a 'prof hates me' crisis at college now.

Hari said...

the world really is dumb dude.. very very dumb.. wait till u listen to the stuff Pv n i found out at the oss lab today afternoon..

n that prison break thing.. hushhhh!

Nithya said...

I could count the number of sane people I know with my fingers :| And Hari, that Prison Break thing was neat :D I like that idea, even though it didn't really work :D

Hari said...

hmmm.. a guy who wants to market wheel-less cars is.. dumb isn't he?
sharan.. why don't u tell us about ur product.. :-)

and nithya, the idea was great.. but execution.. :-/

Ryan said...

@aravind. Xen. for virtualisation da

@shrey
WE could write a book :D. and that is a just a phase. It'll be over

@hari.

Shoot! And yea the floating car does make sense.We made it make sense. Makes more sense than a hair remover or a "geth" tv. "GETH" Tv. lol. It does sound dumb!!

@nithya!

count and tell me. :P

Anonymous said...

Dei you forgot to tell how they managed to install fedora on all the systems da... :)