Dec 15, 2008

First of all, Happy birthday to the bloodsucking, anime-crazy, vampire who parades in front of us as Suraksha. (I resisted the urge to insert this as a code comment. :D)

If there's one thing I learnt this weekend, it is the fact that a lot of the tamil movies that were made in the past decade were douches. They make movies like these which become hits, due to the support of the numerous fan clubs. I happened to catch a scene of a Vijay movie on TV, (Why God, why?), which is supposed to be a funny scene, and Vijay supposedly acts/talks/laughs to induce humor. Comic relief maybe, but humor? Bleh.

I also happened to catch an ajith movie in which the spark gunshots were made to look like flower-pots on a dark night of diwali. Pathetic. And when ten to twenty top forces of the army shoot at ajith in the forest he just flies, does a lot of spins and flips in the air, kicks four ppl in mid-flight, and lands on his toes protecting the damsel in distress, vasundhara das, (Yea the movie is citizen which is said to be a good one. I haven't watched it fully) who caused distress to me, and was never a damsel to begin with. 

You may ask, "Who are you to comment on them?". True, I may/may not know as much as they do, and I don't act/direct but I never went on screen did I? All I'm asking is, if you're a professional, it is time you showed it on screen.

When films like tirupachi, kuruvi feature on the highest grossers of the year list, imagine where the cinema industry/people are heading. 

8 comments :

Nithya said...

Citizen is one mokka movie :| Vasundhara Das yen dhaan acting vandhaalo ?

Aravind said...

How the hell did you end up in those channels when there are so many other channels?!
And as far the movies, i don't consider them as movies! :)
C centre movies da! It's not meant for us!

Anonymous said...

Kurivi- Puke. Vijay- Double puke.

Sharanya said...

Damn. I'm just starting to watch tam movies.

Ps: WHY again, is Suraksha a vampire?! Seriously, Sharan!

Anonymous said...

Aw, Thaaaaank you Sharanyan! :D Gratitude expresses itself for absence of code comment. :P

Tamizh mass entertainers -> I'd rather stick pins in my eyes. :|

Hari said...

i have stopped watching tamil movies.. and i am glad i did :)

S.. Diva said...

you suggested movies in tamil/telgu? are there hindi/english versions of those too?

Ryan said...

@nithya, Don't ask me what I asked you people. :|

@aravind. Irony da. When you have a hundred channels too, you don't find anything to watch.

@swat. hi 5, double hi 5.

@sharanya, Enjoy the ride. It'll leave you nauseated if you go down the wrong lane. :), and she's a vampire by choice. :|, ask her.

@su,
I almost did. :P

@hari,
good for you!

@sneha,
These are tamil movies. One evil is enough i think. :O Why would one want hindi/english version of this?