May 7, 2009

Lights. Camera. Action

I was tagged by Tina, a tag after a long long while, I must say.

Q : What's better than being tagged when you've got all the time in the world for it?
A : Being tagged and having to do a post on movies when you've got all the time in the world for it.

----------------------------------

* Choose 12 films you'd want to run at famous theatre near where you live.
*Explain why you chose them however you want to.
*Link back to Lazy Eye theatre's post.
*Tag 5 other people. Ok, Lemme try to bring some dead blogs back to life, and oh, I'm tagging more than 5. ;). I tag Harry, PV, Brinda, Shreyas, Nithya, Upasana, Floo, s w a t, Rotti, Atulaa and Sticky.

1) Psych day


(Usual suspects and fight club. I'd add kubrick's movies and other stuff to this list. :) )

2)Because his momma said life's like a box of chocolates.


(Castaway and Forrest Gump, among many others)

3)It ain't a movie fest if Quentin's not in it.

(Pulp fiction. Reservoir dogs. Quentin. Class. Can't wait enough for Inglourious Basterds)

4)Men on benches day

(Anbe Sivam. Goodwill hunting. Enough said)

5)Cheers to life(aka A few Good Men)

(Of tango and a ferrari. Of a few good men)

6)20 Hour back-to-back-trilogy marathon

(Seriously. Try it. Watch all three of each back-to-back)
7) Mix and match sunday (AKA the thala day):


(Baasha (Rajni Thala!) and Holiday(JackBLack Thala!) )

If only there were more days in a week,I'd add an animation day(Polar Express and Cars), a foreign language day (Les choristes and Malena), a Cheap-laugh-till-it-hurts-comedy day(Seann William Scott, the man!(See Role models, it is superfun!)), a Docu day(Metal - a Headbanger's journey, bowling for columbine) and a movies-for-the-women-in-them day (Natalie portman, Jennifer Connelly)

Asta La vista, baby!

16 comments :

Nithya said...

Baasha :|

You guys and Rajni :|

Shee !

I love the men on benches day :D

Anonymous said...

This could SO be my list! :D Watched every one of them, even the trilogies back-to-back. Trippyness it be!

Lots of people have been recommending Malena to me [Monica Bellucci no?] - movie for the day today! :D

@Nith -
Come ON! :O [I'm temporarily speechless that someone can go Shee at Rajni!]

Tina Nandi said...

wow, The Holiday made it to Sonu's list too!
And because you're a guys, I haven't watched all the movies that or on your list but I think I do have Reservoir Dogs lying around so i might give it a try and also an LOTR marathon! hmmm, sounds like a good idea!

Sonal said...

Such a guy collection!
The Holiday making it to ur list makes me so so happy!
Guess I have to start watching guy films.
Nice tag, no?

Ryan said...

@Nithya,

Men on benches day rules. And you suck :|

@floo

Malena was powerful. I knew this could SO be your list :)

@tina,

Holiday was wonderful. :) And yes you should watch those movies. See scent of a woman please.

@Sonal,
Holiday is a beautiful movie. I reiterate. Yes, good tag. Start off with the ones here on my list.Some of the best. :)

Ashmur said...

Superb list da. Haven't watched many films mentioned. Guess i should see them. And Yeah! Basha - any day, any time, any no of times. Thalaivar always rocks!!

Hari said...

:) flawless list..
i haven't watched The Reservoir Dogs n The Holiday though.
plus i am not a huge fan of Pulp Fiction even though it is an uber cool movie..
u missed Shawshank ;-)
i'll need some time to think of my list.. wanna do justice to any movie that i might have watched. don't wanna miss any..

Hari said...

n baasha rocks though Padayappa is better in some ways

Anonymous said...

"I watch movies and forget about them!"

ram said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ram said...

thambi ,enga thalapathi vijay padam illaama lista ? koluthungada bloga!!!

just kidding...........


I like the "men on the benches day " ....

too bad no Hitchcock/ Nolan movies....

Anonymous said...

I would add The Illusionist, V for Vendetta and Schindler's List.

Fear my list would make me watch all of them again :( :)

Anonymous said...

Dei,

Godfather and Matrix? :)

Asmita Nandedkar said...

Surprisingly, I've watched almost all of them except Anbe Sivam, for obvious reasons, and Usual Suspect. I've watched Basha in Telugu though, probably doesn't have the same effect i am guessing :D. Rajnikanth is still a Maharastrian :P (or atleast thats what my dad tells me)

Nice to see you blogging again.

Upasana said...

sharan is the hugest fan of T.Rajendar. he couldn't even meet up with me on a fine lazy Sunday becoz "Veerasamy" was on TV.

:|

Ryan said...

@ashwin,

Thala always da! :)

@Hari,

Take your time. I'm interested in your list. Wanna know which ones make it. :) And yea I had to let shawshank go. Injustice?

@s w a t,
Your loss :P

@Ram,

Batman begins laam priceless movie da. But the list is small.

@PV

Ennamo therla I didn't find godfather the movie as fascinating as the book da. And matrix laam first part only is awesome.

@asmita,

You MUST watch usual suspects. Awesome movie. And yea who knows how the telugu version is :P

Good to be back, I should say :)

@Upasana,

Thanks for the trivia :P