Mar 26, 2011

My body is a building..

"Now in my dream I'm a little girl again. And l’m wearingmy little powder-blue jumper, the one I wore that day Only, I'm not on my way to any birthday party. l'm on a field trip with my class from school. We’re at the zoo. Riding the monorail and laughing.The sun is shining, balloons fill thesky and we have cotton candy for lunch. we go to the reptile house and the polar bear cage and the tigers are sunning themselves. Then we go to the monkey house. But there aren’t any monkeys. There are, climbing the jungle gym, picking salt from their hair, dozens and dozens of fat men in skirts. Huge fat men, with matching jewelry sets, swinging from limb to limb, laughing in no language. And everyone laughs and points.And then they turn around. All the monkeys. All the men, turn around at once. They turn around and look at me, right at me.And they all have the same face.And it’s Bishop's face. They all have my son’s face. "
- Fat men in Skirts by Nicky Silver, performed as a Senior year student's directing thesis. Freud and more. Funny, macabre play, brilliant setting, great props, great music and amazing amazing acting. A friday night well spent.

1 comment :

Nithya said...

Sounds interesting.