Jan 25, 2007

Bloopers!

No introduction here. It just spoils the piece below.

* A crow shat on the centre of my head today. The remark I got from a friend after I told him this " Poor things. They don't have a toilet. The world is their toilet."
My reaction "Yay cows don't fly!"

*The watchman at my college gate doesn't let anyone in without an ID. I had forgotten my ID one day. My mind struck gold in the quest for ideas. But of course there is always an element of risk tagging along with the "other" way round. I decided to have a shot by showing them my licence. My hand subtlely hid the government of Tamil nadu logo and I flashed it in a manner which would have done an FBI agent proud. I gave him a reason too!! "Anna tag kondu varla na!!!". He showed it to another watchman and they let me in. What bozos!

*I got a taste of the torture machine at the gym. It was sour. Then I saw a guy doing 100 kilos on that. I was shocked. But then the guy who instructs us went to him and then realization hit me. The guy had put the weights in the resting place for weights rather than on the machine.!!! What a maroon!!

*I got reacquainted with lollipops thanks to Niveditha. Slurp!

* I came on paper twice, one for a good reason and one for a notorious reason! The notorious reason is as follows. I got captured by a dina malar photographer for the city view tab of their paper because I towed behind my friend on a two wheeler while riding a cycle myself. The caption was "Vilaiyaattu vibareetham aagivittal..." (What if fun ends up being fatal....")

*I scared a lady out of her wits on the train at 4 AM in the morning when I stared through her window at the signboard outside. She probably thought I was a poochandi!

*I became a babysitter for a brief span. The client --> a girl my age!! That's the funny part. My co-blogger Nithya , who due to her apparent lack of responsiblity, had to have a babysitter till the train left because her mom was on a different coach. The sad part is, I wasn't paid one sou. And I had to give her a lollipop!

Well that's about it. More when I remember. Next post dedicated to chillout 2007! Or I hope so!

Tadah!

11 comments :

Dinesh Krishnaswamy said...

The gate watchmen are turning out to be rather troublesome. everytime I see one of them, I flash my ID card at them....just to show them that i have it and hoping to annoy them.

Anonymous said...

u know thats a pretty crazy rule, if that was implemented in my coll, we would prefer destroying our id cards ! hehe....

Anonymous said...

and about the bird shittin on ur head ...dude its an honour! the birds have blessed u :))

gravity said...

Ha ha.. i remember back in school at lunch time, me and my friends were imitating that guy in the ad..(a very old ad.. i was very young then!! :P ) The fevistick ad about a man who puts fevistik on his fishing rod saying "onne,Rende,Mune..." and catching fish.

I was making fun of the man's accent.. "Onne,rende,mune.." with my hand stretched out as a fishing rod and splash -----like my prize catch or something. I got shit. crow shit on the centre of my palm.
:|
ha ha

Priya Arun said...

The showing-license-instead-of-ID-card thing doesn't work with the guard at my workplace - me thinks the bloke has 4 sets of eyes, with 2 having a 4x zoom! :-(

And yes, lollipop any day! :-)

Hariharasudhan Viswanathan said...

Dae...gr8 going..terrific blogging da..i read some 10 posts i guess..pretty interesting..never realised life@Tech can be so much fun for a daysci...rock on..appuram wats wid the id card flashin n all..its pathetic..neways..have fun..keep bloggin

Hariharasudhan Viswanathan said...

btw...this is maddy's friend..en profile margaya...

Venki said...

like priya said license card doesnt work in my workplace either.. ya n lucky 4 us cows don fly.. cant forget wat happnd to my superman t shirt..courtesy Mr.crowey..

Venki said...

really good post..

Nithya said...

:| Rombo Thevai And Am not gonna pay you a single penny for having baby-sat me :D

As regards that crow droppings, Good Good Good... As Shrey sez "The birds have blessed you" :P

And Good reason ? Paper ? Wazzat ?

Nithya said...

Apparent lack of responsibility..cough cough...All credit goes to Vaishnavi :| Apparent lack of responsibility YES !