Mar 28, 2007

Long live leonidas!!!

I woke up one fine morning two weeks back. With brush in hand I switched on the monitor. With bated breath, I clicked the small green icon on the system tray. The paste almost popped out onto the keyboard because nothing could restrain me from screaming with joy. 100 percent complete. Well, I'm talking about the time when I downloaded '300' . Two weeks pass.

Here I sit talking about Leonidas the spartan king just three days after I saw the movie. All the time I spent waiting for it to release and then for downloading and finally for my tests to conclude, and then the gruelling wait for the computer to boot up ( Though mine is a bit fast!!) and a further 2 hours to see the movie, I was finally satisfied as I got my time's worth. Believe me....

I don't want to spoil the fun with spoilers. But I will give out a few scenes which don't have the story but just moments of brilliance. Certain moments during those 2 odd hours took me by storm, made the hairs on my hand stand up, made me open my mouth with awe. The dialogues were up to the mark as well. The rendition of the dialogues by the king was also splendid, even matchless.

The encounter between the king Leonidas and the persian messenger is sure to bewitch the viewer. "Madness?? This is sparta!!".. And then the kick. Ah the kick! You'd understand when you see the movie.

The strategy they employ is what forms the stronghold of their battle. The warcry of their king when the black eyed warriors charge " Give them nothing ..Take from them everything" leaves us speechless.




Better is the way how they fight. Ok I better stick to the part about not revealing the movie's essence. The way the arrows darken the skies is awesome.

The hunchback plays an important role in this story. The king's words to him " You!! You live long.." makes even him shed a tear. The spear throw by king leonidas and his submission are tricks which deceive any viewer. The final words of King loenidas are tearjerking material. " My queen...my lady...my love...". The rest is for you to see.



The entire movie is a treat to watch. A must see. A story of bravery...Of pride...Of patriotism....... Of the mighty 300 who stood firm even when the odds were against them....Of a king who broke the law to save his land....Of a father who never told his son he loved him....Of a king who loved his queen...Of hope....Of the right to remain free....Of brotherhood...Of king leonidas and his 300 spartans.






P.S : The entire movie was shot in studio except for the horses scene. The background was created graphically. What a blend! And all the 300 spartans trained for 6 months in the gym just to get in awesome shape. Watch out ladies!!!

15 comments :

Unknown said...

whats that 300???
anyways i guess 3 amazing posts r waiting..is it so???do it soon..

Nithya said...

The gola waala asked for the pic :|
I was like "umm..Vechindrikkan en frnd, computer la enakku anuparen nu sonnan..koodya seekram naan next time varche unglukku thandidren" :|

Garflield update pannu plz

Priya Arun said...

One line? That's it? Duuude! :-(

Andha one-line'ku indha comment vera! All times..

Ryan said...

@priya!!

he he ....jus wanted to post something but i was in a hurry....so sorta put that up.....and yea all times only!!!

@meera...300 is a movie

Ryan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SHIVA said...

i wish i had 6 packs like those guyzz :|

Nithya said...

A few portions of this movie ( i mean the parts that u have mentioned out here in this post..I didn't watch the movie obviously), remind me of the Shahnameh..Sohrab and Rustom's story...Dunno y..

Priya Arun said...

See, this is what I call a proper review! :-) Now I'll go watch the movie.

P.S: Thanks for making my earlier comment seems absolutely irrelevant and pointless, not to mention downright stupid. :-|

Aparajitha said...

shiva keeps telling that the movie is awesome and so does my sis...........

Ryan said...

@nithya..
what is that???
@priya

LOL

Dinesh Krishnaswamy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dinesh Krishnaswamy said...

Nice movie....not exactly a great story but very stylishly taken.

Aravind said...

I have to watch it... This weekend probably!!

Anonymous said...

dude i feel out of sorts in your comment page now heh i mean ive been outa the bloggin scene for some time now....and now my comp aint workin coz the hard disk is dyin ... my comp is finally fallin apart heh...

surya said...

though the film is not practical =))
its really worth watching da.....
screen-play was too good as well as teh costumes da....