May 25, 2007

For the love of God!!

Without further ado I tell you my tale. DID NOT leave a good taste n my mouth. After much expectation , Mr. Bean's Holiday released near my place. SO Ten of us guys decided to hang out there. In the end that is what we ended up doing mostly, more than watching the movie even.

The movie was C.R.A.P. I might be a tad harsh here. But the disappointment overwhelms me. I've always looked at bean as the guy who plugs a torch in his underwear which he wears on his head. Now what do you he can jump up and down and stamp all over the place when he is angry!! Well it doesn't take a genius to see that because voila! , almost every ten minutes he does that.
And you don't have to worry about spoilers because most of the movie has been aired on pogo itself( as that animated toon, So says my friend)

One possible explanation could be that I am 18 now and kiddy movies don't lure me anymore. Tell that to a guy who doesn't see Johnny test or dexter's lab! Because I see them both and I LOVE em. I could have sworn that an 8 year old behind me was more interested in his pop corn than old bean-O prancing around.

Well nonetheless, there were a few really humorous and cool scenes in that movie.
For example

1) When he steals the guys bike and he walks up and catches him.
2)The scene near the beach where they take photos.
3)The Carson clay movie premiere.
4)The bean video show
5)The drawings on the ID card

The dance for the money could have been better if they had made it a little shorter.

Except for these the movie sucks. Totally. Even the dry humour was missing in some parts.
I guess Rowan Atkinson himself took a hint and decided not to act in any more bean movies again. I just saw that news in the paper.

I just wish he had ended Bean on a high. The ending scene of the movie is the LAMEST I've ever seen. This movie is just one of those sequels which never turn out good. Hail Mr. Bean ( the first one) !

But somehow something tells me Mr. Bean in vidumurai ( Read in tamil) will make good money in our little state here!

4 comments :

Priya Iyer said...

:-( Too bad!

Aravind said...

It was not 10 guys!! more than 10!

Anonymous said...

what a waste of my fu#@4in time...damn can't find lousier movies, talk bout overdoing things....dry shit describes the movie best....

Nithya said...

u didn't mention about ur upsetting the kids seated in the row behind you :D