Mar 2, 2009

A chance find!

Most of you out there would have read one of those forwards which used to circulate around, which went, "You are an Indian if...blah blah, 37) You reuse wrapping paper. 38)  You have dozens of tiny multicolored boxes in your fridge having food from a few days back.". And then there was russell peters' Red, white and brown in which he bets his ass that Indians are cheap. 

So, yesterday, I try to cook up something for lunch. I decide to go with the cheese toast that I make really awesomely well. But cutting up the chilly seemed a tirespme task back then. To my rescue came a tiny box with a violet lid. I looked in and found a few packets of Oregano Seasoning which my mom had saved from the last time we'd ordered pizza home. 

Voila! Oregano Cheese Toast.

I don't mind being cheap AT ALL, if this is what results. Indians rule!

8 comments :

Tina Nandi said...

ooh, that's one of my favourite tricks too! cheese toastie with stored up oregano seasoning! It really ROCKS! Cheap just tastes good!

Nithya said...

When do I come over for lunch ? :P

Anonymous said...

Hee! I waaaaant! Also, try it layered w/ Ruffles in the middle - it's OUT of this world! :D

Asmita Nandedkar said...

Yum, Cheese toasts with Oregano :D (tomatoes go well with it too, well, on the other hand, I am a tomato fan)

I used the pizza hut's crushed red pepper in my pasta the other day because I couldn't find its jar. Cheap does taste good :D

Anonymous said...

Some trick, that! :D

Anonymous said...

Hmmm I'll watch you eat first and if all's well I'll eat :P

I still don't trust your cooking :P

Ryan said...

@Tina
Hi5!

@Nithya
Whenever you want to :|

@su,
Ahan? Will try. Doesnt sound inviting though. :P

@asmita,
Oooh tomato int he middle is another style . I love that too, grilled. :D

@shrey,
I may be clumsy when i cook, but i ll sure as hell make you ask for some more :D

Respectful Disagreement said...

oregano cheese toast it seems... meh.